Orphaned By HIV

ORPHANED BY HIV
BUT WHY US?
That day when my mother died, I went to the bedroom as I was used to every morning only to realize wow alright she is no longer here. Coming to terms was a huge task, imagine having someone in your life only to realize that you will not see them again. Of course, death is expected everywhere, but we try to brush it off our minds. HIV has become an epidemic in our current world, it is neither rational or disease for those who are indecent, no. There are various ways by which you can get infected, but people tend to judge because obviously, they know more than the affected individual.

I remember having a heavy heart trying to understand how I would survive without a parent as every orphan child wonders at a given time in their lives. Being an orphan is not good, it is not okay, people tend to think that orphans are fine if they have a guardian, but what if the guardian never wanted to have kids, doesn't that mean that you will have to undergo stress until you reach an age where you are lawfully allowed to live alone? Do you think that foster homes are fun? Certainly not, I would have gone there. It is one thing to be an orphan and another to have been orphaned by HIV, everyone looks at you like a sinner. Why should you judge us because of a virus that decided to thrive in our mother's body?

Many children, teenagers, and young adults go through so much to survive in a world of people who have closed their eyes and ears on them. What are you doing for the orphan child next door? One time I sat down crying, trying to figure out where I would get sanitary towels, I wished my neighbor next door who was baking a sweet-smelling cake would stop and help me out. Unfortunately, the world we live in is cruel. As cruel as it is, you will always find strength from such disappointments, if I never went through all that, if I was never orphaned by HIV who would be writing this piece? See how things work? The disappointments and situations of today may make you want to sleep and never wake up but remember there is a brighter tomorrow. It sounds unpromising I know I was once there, I did not know that things would eventually take a positive turn. Be encouraged, do what you can when you can. If there is an orphaned child in your neighborhood try and reach out to them, maybe they seem alright, dressed well, neat but inside they are burning with pain and strife. Reach out and help their lives take a positive turn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Met Jesus the Same day I met my Biological Father

THE TESTS AND TRIALS OF THE CHOSEN FEW